Almost two years ago, we released my first video lessons for the TOEFL iBT at Magoosh TOEFL. Since then, nearly 10,000 students have used Magoosh TOEFL lessons to increase their scores, and the results have been incredible. I’ve always known that preparation for the TOEFL is hugely important, and I had students in personal lessons increase their scores by 5 or 10 points, but I still I hadn’t expected to see so many large score increases. Still, we always know we can help our students even more, so we are always learning about what you want and what we can improve. In the last several months, we learned that many of our students wanted even more advanced lessons—they wanted more strategy to get to even higher scores.
That’s why I recorded more Magoosh TOEFL lessons, which I have slowly added to our premium site over the last few months. Since February, we have added almost 40 new lessons.
15 of my favorite new lessons
- Hidden TOEFL skills
- Finding Information: How to Skim
- Finding Information: How to Scan
- Taking Notes: Column Notes
- Structuring Answers: General vs. specific
- Reading: “Big Picture” Purpose
- Reading Wrong Answer Trap: Distorted meanings
- Listening Wrong Answer Trap: the wrong detail
- Listening Wrong Answer Trap: Watch out for idioms!
- Speaking: Pacing Your Speech
- Speaking: Other People Talking
- Speaking: Inventing examples
- Writing: How to Grade Your Essays
- Writing the Introduction Last
- Writing: Choosing One Side
…and there are many more!
Want to try them out?
Here’s the lesson called How to Scan:
We’re not necessarily finished, of course. Magoosh is always changing and improving! If our students want even more lessons, I’ll film more lessons. But I don’t imagine that will happen, to be honest. 🙂 At this point, Magoosh TOEFL includes lessons on every single TOEFL question and all the important strategies—from the basic to the advanced.
If you want to see more of our 100+ TOEFL and English lessons, sign up for a free trial or a premium account for full access! (There are also 500+ practice questions, with a video explanation for every single one.)
I hope you all like the more advanced lessons!