Graduate School Admissions:
- What’s the Role of GPA in Graduate School Admissions?
by Tara Kuther, Ph.D. from Graduate School @ About.com
– This article explains that when admissions committees look at your GPA, they also consider the quality and difficulty of the courses. It also goes into the reason for standardized exams and what you can do if you have a low GPA.
- 2011 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results
– Over 150 prospective physics grad students have posted their applicant profiles and admissions results in this forum thread. The posts are detailed, organized, and definitely worth checking out if you are applying to physics or a related field.
- US Universities Rankings vs. Graduate Program? What to Consider?
– This author has noticed that many students get a bit carried away with university rankings when deciding which schools to apply to and offers suggestions for other aspects of a university to consider.