While the TOEFL is generally a very different type of test from the GRE, the GMAT, and the SAT, there are a few similarities, and the writing section is one of them. As with most standardized tests, the TOEFL asks you to write an essay. Well, it asks for two essays, actually — one is about [...]
Meet Saurabh from Mumbai, India. Saurabh is another high scoring student, and he has some great tips for the rest of us! Saurabh plans to pursue a graduate degree in Regulatory Affairs, which has to do with FDA laws and regulations. A self-described numismatist, he likes to travel, swim, and watch movies in his free time, and he’s [...]
Not many schools’ names have become so synonymous with prestige that mere the utterance of their name elicits great awe and wonder from outsiders. Princeton, the fourth oldest college in the United States, is doubtlessly one of those awe-inspirers. They are consistently ranked at the top of graduate program rankings across the board. But joining [...]
When you’re studying for the GRE, chances are vocabulary is on your mind. It’s on ours too which is why we create resources like weekly Vocab Wednesday videos and our Vocabulary eBook. Now we have great news for students looking for a little more vocabulary guidance–10 brand new vocabulary lesson videos! Each lesson guides you [...]
In a quirk of the English language, common people’s names have made it into some vocabulary words. Such names as vocabulary words is mostly coincidence, meaning that there was no pope named Gregory the something or other who loved being around other people (hence the word ‘gregarious). Nonetheless, we do not always perceive the associations [...]
I know, I know, it’s June. Better late than never! For “this” month’s article of the month, I’ve decided to do a two-for-one special. By that I mean there will be two articles. But mere bounty is not my aim here. Sometimes, readers feel that the articles I recommend, while engaging and thought provoking, are [...]
These are the explanations from last week’s Text Completion Challenge. Explanations: Easy 1. I must admit that this is quite a toughie for an easy question (it’s probably more of a medium-level question). The clue word here is deleterious, which means harmful. The contrast in the sentence is from the seemingly __________….actually… Therefore, the blank [...]
You may have noticed that you now have the option to leave feedback on our video lessons. Just below every lesson video we now ask Did you like this lesson? and you can click Yes, I liked it or No, I didn’t like it…though obviously we do a little happy dance for the yeses And [...]
For our first student post of June (can you believe it’s June, already!?), we’re hearing from Elliot, who scored a 325 on his exam (great job, Elliot!). Elliot lives in St. Paul, Minnesota with his wife, Hannah. He has a B.A. in History from the University of Northwestern St. Paul and hopes to attend a Physician Assistant [...]
A day late this week! Which puts us in a bit of pickle, so it’s called “Vocab Thursday”, just for today. A pickle is another way of saying an unpleasant and potentially embarrassing situation. We’ve all been in a pickle or a jam (though nobody has probably ever been in a jar of pickle jam). [...]
Magoosh GRE Newsletter
Study Plans and Schedules
- 1 Week Study Schedule
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Daily)
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 60-90 Day Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Beginners (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Math Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Verbal Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Advanced Students (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: for Math Beginners (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: Advanced Math (Daily)
- What is a Good Score on the Revised GRE? January 3, 2012
- New GRE Book Reviews August 22, 2011
- Manhattan GRE Book Review January 10, 2012
- Kaplan New GRE Premier 2011-2012 Book Review August 26, 2011
- 90 Day GRE Study Plan for Beginners March 5, 2012
- TOEFL Writing Topics June 17, 2013
- Student Post: Allow Enough Time for GRE Prep June 14, 2013
- Princeton GRE Scores June 13, 2013
- New GRE Vocabulary Lessons June 13, 2013
- GRE Vocab Wednesday: What’s in a Name? June 12, 2013
- Allison: Hi Chris, Could you please explain how you arri...
- Hani: I'm preparing for the GRE now, and I'm studying ...
- David Zeglen: I think it's been already asked before somewhere ...
- Krishnendu: How close are the Manhattan MSTs scores to oringin...
- David Zeglen: Hi, Thanks for the helpful summary of the logic...