You need to register for the Praxis Exam. The question is, “How?” Read on to learn what you need to know about the registration process.
Register for the Praxis Online
Visit the Praxis website to create an account and register online for your exam. You need a credit or debit card to pay your testing fee. This is the most convenient method for most test-takers. After you register, you will print your admission ticket and bring it with you on test day. Note that if you need disability accommodations, you cannot register online.
Register for the Praxis by Mail
According to ETS, here are the steps to register for the Praxis exam by mail:
- Complete the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form (PDF) and mail it to ETS. Reference the code lists to fill out your form.
- Once your request is processed, a voucher number will be sent to you, along with instructions on how to register. Allow three weeks for delivery of the voucher.
- Print your admission ticket and bring it with you to the test center.
Register for the Praxis by Phone
Registering for the Praxis by phone is probably the least convenient method. You need to pay an extra $35 fee to register this way, and you need to go online to create an account first anyway. But the option is there if you really want to do it!
- Call ETS at 1-800-772-9476 Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. ET and pay by credit/debit card.
- Contact ETS at least three full days before your desired test date.
Before you go through the registration process, make sure you know what tests you want to sign up for and when. With the Praxis Core especially, you will likely have a lot of options for test date (and maybe test location). Figure out what is ideal for you and would give you time to receive your scores and retake the test if necessary.
Other frequently asked questions
Not sure when to take the test? What test to take? Other questions? We can help! Check out these links:
By the way, sign up for our 1 Week Free Trial to try out Magoosh Praxis Prep!