One method used to prepare for the Praxis Core exam involves hiring a Praxis Core tutor. Should you use this method to prepare for the exam? Weigh the following pros and cons to help you decide.
- Go at your own pace. Unlike studying with a group, you only need to worry about what you need to study. Think about the areas that you need to focus on, and your Praxis Core tutor can help you make a study schedule based on your needs. Then, you can use the study time to go at your own pace and focus on what you need to study.
- Receive one-on-one attention. Let’s face it. Everyone has a different learning style and study preferences that need to be taken into consideration when preparing for an exam. If you want to be successful, you need to figure out how to study effectively. This is especially helpful for people who have learning disabilities.
- Increase your level of accountability. One of the hardest things about sticking to your study schedule is accountability. You have to be accountable to yourself cover all of the material before your test date. If you’re struggling to stick to the schedule, then you need someone that will hold you accountable. A tutor will meet with you and make sure that you’re sticking to your study schedule to ensure that you’re ready for your exam.
- Expect to pay a lot of money. Hiring a tutor is expensive, especially when you need one with specific knowledge to help you. Some people end up paying thousands of dollars to meet with their tutor. Compare hourly rates to find the best price for the best Praxis Core tutor available for you.
- Figure out how to fit your tutor into your schedule. When I was studying for the Praxis exam, I couldn’t always set aside a specific time every week. Instead, I would study from my books and flashcards whenever I had free time. If your schedule is as hectic as mine was, it can be hard to find a tutor that’s available when you need them.
- It takes time to locate a Praxis Core Tutor. How are you going to find someone who can tutor you for the Praxis Core? Are they a good tutor? How do you know that the person is right for you? There are a lot of variables that can impact the effectiveness of using a tutor. If they don’t work out, then you’re going to end up wasting a lot of time and money.
- Think about your studying methods. Not everyone is going to benefit from a Praxis Core tutor. Consider how you learn and study. If there’s a more effective method for you, then you should do that instead.
By the way, sign up for our 1 Week Free Trial to try out Magoosh Praxis Prep!