Magoosh hires the best, nicest, most stoked people we can find — and we want to keep them. Below are some of our benefits and perks that keep us healthy, happy and engaged, both at work and in our personal lives. If you’re interested in eligibility requirements for any of the following, please shoot us a message at [email protected].
The biggest benefit to working at Magoosh is working with our team. Magoosh has a strong and well-defined culture based on our core values. We truly try to live our values, and hire people who share them. This framework gives us a shared understanding of how we make decisions and encourages all Magooshers to take ownership of their work and their careers.
Magoosh offers competitive compensation in both salary and equity. We have a framework and rigorous process that aims to pay all employees fairly and equitably.
Vacation / PTO
Our vacation and PTO policy is flexible; there are no pre-set limits and you don’t have to wait to accrue vacation days. As long as your manager approves, you can take the time you need when you need it. Most Magooshers take between 4 and 5 weeks of combined Sick/PTO each year, but we aim to support everyone with the time they need to be healthy and recharged. We also have VTO, or volunteer time off. Magooshers can take up to 24 hours of paid time off to dedicate to volunteering, with manager approval.
For full-time employees, Magoosh offers health insurance (through Aetna or Kaiser), dental insurance, and vision insurance. We cover at least 100% of the premiums for employees and 70% for dependents for our primary plans; however, you can choose plans with even more coverage. If you choose to waive insurance, you can receive a $250 / month pre-tax stipend.
Flexible Spending Accounts
We offer flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care. You can set aside up to the current federal limit (check here for 2018 limits) in pre-tax funds for each of these accounts.
Magoosh loves babies. Whenever any of our kids come by the office, everything stops and there’s a lot of “aww-ing” going on. We have a parental leave policy that supports working parents and encourages you to take the time you need.
We offer 8 weeks of paid leave at 100% salary for all caregivers eligible for Magoosh’s caregiver policy. We offer a minimum of 12 weeks of paid leave at 100% salary for caregivers who are eligible for both pregnancy leave and family leave.
Magoosh works with California’s state leave benefits (both Pregnancy Disability Leave and Paid Family Leave) to make employees’ salaries whole during the time of leave. Employees who have regularly worked in a full time capacity for three months or more are eligible for caregiver leave. There are some other specific eligibility requirements for Magoosh’s flexible leave policy as well as these California benefits, but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected].
Magoosh offers a 401k benefit with matching money for up to 4% of your salary. There’s no vesting period, so the deposits to your account start immediately.
In addition to the benefits above, Magoosh offers lots of great perks that help us all stay stoked.
- Remote Work Stipend: ($1,500 FT/$750 PT) A stipend to invest in a safe, healthy, and productive work space environment. You may also use this stipend for co-working space and/or home wifi.
- Wellness Stipend: ($1,600 FT/$800 PT) Choose your own adventure! Invest in whatever makes you feel healthy and whole. We want to support your personal wellness journey.
- Lunch Stipend: ($300 FT/ $150 PT) Snacks/Lunches on Magoosh to make your day a little easier on those busy ones.
- Health Insurance Stipend: ($230/month PT)- For those that aren’t eligible for insurance plans offered by Magoosh we offer a stipend to help you with health care expenses.
- Birthday Gifts: A special gift on your special day!
- Magooshiversary: A special gift to celebrate your time with us!
- Professional development opportunities that support your career journey.
- Quarterly engagement events for you to connect with coworkers remotely 🙂