As you probably already know, the CARS section of the MCAT tests your “critical analysis and reasoning skills.” This section of the MCAT is 90 minutes with 53 total questions that accompany several passages on various subjects: philosophy, the humanities and social sciences, population health, and more. That’s why we’ve put together the ultimate CARS “Power Hour” video: an MCAT CARS practice session just for you!
Everything you need to know to answer the questions is contained within the provided passages, but they can definitely be tricky. Passages deal with complex subject matter and often contain challenging vocabulary. In this video, two of our MCAT experts, Kat and Jake, will walk you through:
- Their best CARS MCAT tips for acing the section (including skimming for ideas, pacing, labeling, and more!)
- Actual MCAT CARS practice using Magoosh test prep materials (working through four real CARS practice questions)
- A review and discussion of the answers
- An exclusive Q&A about the prompts
Check out this CARS “Power Hour” and practice video here:
For more CARS practice, check out:
- The CARS section of our MCAT blog for even more CARS MCAT tips
- Our ultimate guide on how to study for the MCAT CARS
- The link to three free, full-length practice tests, found below
Happy studying and good luck!