Photo by SpiderWeb-MarketingSystems
As you begin studying for the LSAT, you’re going to find that costs for test materials can really add up! Thankfully, there are a ton of free resources that can help you become familiar with each section. Take a look at the top free LSAT prep resources!
Free LSAT Practice Test
The LSAC website is a great free resource for LSAT information and prep materials. There, you can download the “Official LSAT Preptest”, also known as the June 2007 administered LSAT. Taking this free test is a great first step into your LSAT prep journey.
Free Procted Exams
The June 2007 Preptest is also widely used by schools and LSAT prep companies to offer free proctored exams. By googling “free, proctored LSAT practice test in [your city/region]” you will be able to find locally scheduled tests with real-live test conditions, including being timed!
Free LSAT Superbook with a Fee Waiver
If you haven’t applied for a fee waiver from the LSAC, please do so right away! The fee waiver program lets students avoid paying several LSAT-related costs.
Each approved LSAC fee waiver will entitle you to
- Two LSATs (test dates must fall within the two-year waiver period);
- One CAS registration, which includes the Letter of Recommendation Service as well as access to electronic applications for all LSAC-member law schools;
- Four CAS Law School Reports (available only after final approval of an LSAC fee waiver); and
- One copy of the Official LSAT SuperPrep II™, which is the LSAC’s “most comprehensive LSAT preparation book.” It includes:
- 3 complete PrepTests
- a guide to LSAT logic
- explanations for every item in all 3 tests (Feb. 2000, Feb. 1999, Feb. 1996)
- sample Comparative Reading questions and explanations.
Many students don’t apply, believing that they don’t qualify. But, you might qualify without knowing! It is best to submit the application and wait for their decision. The savings would be well worth the effort!
Free Magoosh LSAT Prep Trial
Finally, don’t forget to explore the rest of the Magoosh LSAT blog! Magoosh offers thousands of answered questions, guides to the LSAT, and guides to law school and your future career. Sign up here for a FREE TRIAL of Magoosh’s LSAT Prep and get 5 entire FREE lessons!