The JEE Advanced is one of the most difficult competitive examinations in India. You need to appear for this exam if you want to get admission into one of the IITs. If you have taken the JEE Advanced exam, you must be wondering what the JEE Advanced cut off will be this year. In this blog post, we’ll look at what you need to know about the JEE Advanced cut off marks and ranks.
What Is the Meaning of JEE Advanced Cut Off Marks?
JEE Advanced “cut off marks” is a general term and can mean any one of the following.
- JEE Advanced cut off marks for inclusion into the common rank list: These are the minimum marks that you need to make the common rank list. These marks are decided based on several factors, some of which are mentioned below:
- Total number of available seats
- Total number of candidates appearing in the JEE Advanced
- Difficulty level of the question paper
The JEE Advanced cut off marks for inclusion into the common rank list for the year 2017 are mentioned below:
Category Minimum percentage of marks in each subject Minimum percentage of cumulative marks General (GEN) 10.0 35.0 Other Backward Caste (OBC) 9.0 31.5 Scheduled Caste (SC) 5.0 17.5 Scheduled Tribe (ST) 5.0 17.5 Persons with Disability (PwD) 5.0 17.5
The scores of a subject in JEE Advanced Paper-1 and Paper-2 are summed up to obtain the subject marks. Likewise, the total scores of the JEE Advanced Paper-1 and Paper-2 are summed up to obtain the cumulative marks of a candidate.
- JEE Advanced cut off marks for admission into the IITs: These are the minimum marks that a candidate needs to secure in order to be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced counseling, and get admission into one of the IITs. The JEE Advanced cut off marks for admission into the IITs are disclosed only at the time of the JEE Advanced counseling. They are higher than the JEE Advanced cut off marks for inclusion in the common rank list.
What Is the Meaning of JEE Advanced Cut Off Ranks?
The JEE Advanced cut off ranks for any IIT are the closing ranks for each branch of the IIT. You can check the JEE Advanced 2016 cut off ranks for the various IITs on the official JoSAA link.