Take a break from your reading and flashcards to review words that you are bound to see on the SAT.
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
2. adjective: enhancing each other’s qualities (for two things or more).
5. noun: state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options
6. adjective: extremely painful
9. a verb: in a blunt, direct manner
13. adjective: highly complex or intricate
15. verb: treat or speak of with contempt
16. verb: to gradually increase in size or intensity
17. adjective: lasting an indefinitely long time; eternal; everlasting
18. verb: speak, plead, or argue in favor of; noun: a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
19. verb: compete
21. adjective: having precise or logical relevance to the matter at hand
22. adjective: having never been done or known
23. adjective: spending money carefully
1. noun: a clever plan to turn a situation to one’s advantage
3. verb: to strongly urge on; encourage
4. verb: reject with contempt
7. verb: to flood or overwhelm
8. verb: spend thoughtlessly; waste time, money, or an opportunity
10. verb: assign to a lower position
11. adjective: feeling anger over a perceived injustice
12. adjective: likeable; easy to talk to
14. noun: an example that is used to justify similar occurrences at a later time
15. verb: think about carefully; weigh the pros and cons of an idea
20. adjective: poor enough to need help from others; adjective: completely wanting or lacking
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.
More from Magoosh
About Kevin Rocci
Kevin helps Magoosh students by making sure none of their questions go unanswered. A UC Santa Cruz graduate with a BA in Politics and a minor in Film, he loves education, bluegrass, the Sierras, and the Pacific. The vastness of the universe does not deter him from hoping to meet an intelligent life form from another planet one day.
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!