Studying new vocab can wear on the senses. That’s why it’s important to vary your practice. A crossword is a perfect for this task. Not a way to learn words, but a great tool for reviewing.
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
1. adjective: abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule
5. adjective: originating in a certain area
7. adjective: made less hopeful or enthusiastic
10. adjective: difficult to handle or use especially because of size or weight
12. adjective: characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
13. noun: a lack of something
14. noun: a disease or sickness
1. noun: lack of agreement or harmony
2. noun: a confusing mixture or jumble
3. adjective: avoiding or escaping from difficulty or danger or commitment; adjective: deliberately vague or ambiguous
4. noun: a deep, long-lasting sadness
6. adjective: marked by complexity and richness of detail; verb: explain in more detail
8. adjective: marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction
9. verb: reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
11. verb: to hold back or limit the flow or growth of something
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.