Studying new vocab can wear on the senses. That’s why it’s important to vary your practice. A crossword is a perfect for this task. Not a way to learn words, but a great tool for reviewing.
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
1. adjective: abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule
5. adjective: originating in a certain area
7. adjective: made less hopeful or enthusiastic
10. adjective: difficult to handle or use especially because of size or weight
12. adjective: characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
13. noun: a lack of something
14. noun: a disease or sickness
1. noun: lack of agreement or harmony
2. noun: a confusing mixture or jumble
3. adjective: avoiding or escaping from difficulty or danger or commitment; adjective: deliberately vague or ambiguous
4. noun: a deep, long-lasting sadness
6. adjective: marked by complexity and richness of detail; verb: explain in more detail
8. adjective: marked by excessive complacency or self-satisfaction
9. verb: reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
11. verb: to hold back or limit the flow or growth of something
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.
More from Magoosh
About Kevin Rocci
Kevin helps Magoosh students by making sure none of their questions go unanswered. A UC Santa Cruz graduate with a BA in Politics and a minor in Film, he loves education, bluegrass, the Sierras, and the Pacific. The vastness of the universe does not deter him from hoping to meet an intelligent life form from another planet one day.
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!