Look who’s back! Our third crossword puzzle!
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
4. adjective: inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace
6. verb: treat condescendingly
9. noun: a witty saying or remark; verb: to make a witty remark, to say in jest
10. adjective: careful to protect one’s speech or actions in order to avoid offense or gain an advantage
11. adjective: deserving of praise but not that amazing
13. adjective: highly unconventional or unusual (usually describes a person)
14. verb: pull inward or towards a center; formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure
1. verb: turn away from by persuasion; verb: try to prevent; show opposition to
2. adjective: having an unpleasant smell
3. adjective: unable to pay one’s bills; bankrupt
4. adjective: involving ignoble actions and motives; arousing moral distaste and contempt; foul and run-down and repulsive
5. verb: prevent the progress or free movement of
7. adjective: happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally
8. verb: to irritate intensely
12. noun: a lack or shortage
15. verb: make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; make more beautiful
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.