Look who’s back! Our third crossword puzzle!
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
4. adjective: inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace
6. verb: treat condescendingly
9. noun: a witty saying or remark; verb: to make a witty remark, to say in jest
10. adjective: careful to protect one’s speech or actions in order to avoid offense or gain an advantage
11. adjective: deserving of praise but not that amazing
13. adjective: highly unconventional or unusual (usually describes a person)
14. verb: pull inward or towards a center; formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure
1. verb: turn away from by persuasion; verb: try to prevent; show opposition to
2. adjective: having an unpleasant smell
3. adjective: unable to pay one’s bills; bankrupt
4. adjective: involving ignoble actions and motives; arousing moral distaste and contempt; foul and run-down and repulsive
5. verb: prevent the progress or free movement of
7. adjective: happening by chance or unexpectedly or unintentionally
8. verb: to irritate intensely
12. noun: a lack or shortage
15. verb: make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; make more beautiful
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.
More from Magoosh
About Kevin Rocci
Kevin helps Magoosh students by making sure none of their questions go unanswered. A UC Santa Cruz graduate with a BA in Politics and a minor in Film, he loves education, bluegrass, the Sierras, and the Pacific. The vastness of the universe does not deter him from hoping to meet an intelligent life form from another planet one day.
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!