Take a break from your reading and flashcards to review words that you are bound to see on the SAT.
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
2. adjective: enhancing each other’s qualities (for two things or more).
5. noun: state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options
6. adjective: extremely painful
9. a verb: in a blunt, direct manner
13. adjective: highly complex or intricate
15. verb: treat or speak of with contempt
16. verb: to gradually increase in size or intensity
17. adjective: lasting an indefinitely long time; eternal; everlasting
18. verb: speak, plead, or argue in favor of; noun: a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
19. verb: compete
21. adjective: having precise or logical relevance to the matter at hand
22. adjective: having never been done or known
23. adjective: spending money carefully
1. noun: a clever plan to turn a situation to one’s advantage
3. verb: to strongly urge on; encourage
4. verb: reject with contempt
7. verb: to flood or overwhelm
8. verb: spend thoughtlessly; waste time, money, or an opportunity
10. verb: assign to a lower position
11. adjective: feeling anger over a perceived injustice
12. adjective: likeable; easy to talk to
14. noun: an example that is used to justify similar occurrences at a later time
15. verb: think about carefully; weigh the pros and cons of an idea
20. adjective: poor enough to need help from others; adjective: completely wanting or lacking
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.