Take a break from your reading and flashcards to review words that you are bound to see on the SAT.
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
7. adjective: making a show of being pious; holier-than
8. noun: a hater of mankind
9. adjective: dull and lacking excitement
10. adjective: openly distrustful and unwilling to confide
12. adjective: marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable
13. adjective: making less guilty or more foran
14. verb: be a hindrance or obstacle to
17. adjective: (sometimes followed by “to”) causing harm or injury
18. verb: gnaw into; make resentful or angry
21. adjective: without fault or error
23. adjective: two things are fundamentally different
24. verb: expose as false ideas and claims, especially while ridiculing
25. verb: collect information bit by bit
1. adjective: revealing
2. verb: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
3. noun: the highest point; culmination
4. verb: expel from a community, residence, or location; drive away
5. adjective: seemingly contradictory but nonetheless possibly true
6. adjective: unreasonable; unscrupulous; excessive
11. adjective: showing understanding and ready comprehension of other peoples’ states and emotions
15. adjective: fraught with danger
16. adjective: warlike; inclined to quarrel
19. adjective: completely stocked or furnished with something
20. noun: belief in something
22. adjective: friendly
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.
More from Magoosh
About Kevin Rocci
Kevin helps Magoosh students by making sure none of their questions go unanswered. A UC Santa Cruz graduate with a BA in Politics and a minor in Film, he loves education, bluegrass, the Sierras, and the Pacific. The vastness of the universe does not deter him from hoping to meet an intelligent life form from another planet one day.
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!