Studying new vocab can wear on the senses. That’s why it’s important to vary your practice. A crossword is a perfect for this task. Not a way to learn words, but a great tool for reviewing.
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
(Click image to enlarge and open crossword in new window.)
4. adjective: determined by impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason
6. noun: a state of deep-seated ill-will
7. adjective: capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out; adjective: easily influenced
8. verb: to fight for a cause
11. verb: to willfully violate or destroy a sacred place
13. adjective: clear and persuasive
14. adjective: sturdy and strong in form, constitution, or construction
15. verb: determine the number or amount of; verb: specify individually, one by one
17. adjective: marked by elaborate rhetoric and elaborated with decorative details
18. adjective: liable to sudden unpredictable change, esp. in affections or attachments
20. verb: make something intense less severe
21. adjective: lacking energy
22. adjective: use to the limit; exhaust
1. noun: the property of being extremely abundant
2. adjective: in terrible condition
3. adjective: cheerful; optimistic
5. adjective: uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing
9. noun: covering consisting of a thin superficial layer that hides the underlying substance
10. verb: disturb in mind or cause to be worried or alarmed
12. adjective: unpredictable; strange and unconventional
16. verb: reduce the quality or value of something
19. verb: harass, as with questions or requests; cause to feel distressed or worried
23. noun: greed (one of the seven deadly sins)
24. noun: the power of creative imagination
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.
Need more vocab crosswords? Check out the first Common Words puzzle!
More from Magoosh
About Kevin Rocci
Kevin helps Magoosh students by making sure none of their questions go unanswered. A UC Santa Cruz graduate with a BA in Politics and a minor in Film, he loves education, bluegrass, the Sierras, and the Pacific. The vastness of the universe does not deter him from hoping to meet an intelligent life form from another planet one day.
3 Responses to “SAT Vocab Crossword 2: More Common Words”
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!