Preparing for the SAT doesn’t have to be boring. There are plenty of ways to jazz up the study process, especially with vocabulary. Enter our first Vocabulary Crossword!
In this crossword, the clues are the parts of speech and definitions for the words. You will find a word list at the bottom to help you fill in the puzzle. If you want to know the answer to a row or column, leave a comment with the number and the word you think works, and I’ll let you know if you are right.
If people find this useful, expect to see more in the future. 🙂
(Click image to open Crossword in new window.)
1. noun: uneasiness about the fitness of an action
5. verb: strive to equal or match, especially by imitating; compete with successfully
6. adjective: contented to a fault with oneself or one’s actions
9. verb: to insult; to cause someone to lose dignity or respect
12. adjective: without or deprived of the use of speech or words
15. noun: a state of chaos, noise and confusion
16. adjective: worthy of high praise
17. adjective: wealthy
18. verb: lessen the importance, dignity, or reputation of
19. adjective: kind; adjective: (medicine) not dangerous to health; not recurrent or progressive
2. noun: fearful expectation
3. noun: the acceptance of something unpleasant that can’t be avoided
4. verb: laugh boisterously
7. adjective: showing a cheerful willingness to do favors for others
8. verb: be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait (sometimes in positive sense); verb: evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment
10. adjective: felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another
11. adjective: inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace
13. adjective: old-fashioned; belonging to an earlier period in time
14. noun: intense hostility
16. noun: the quality of being honest and straightforward in attitude and speech
The crossword puzzle was created with the help of Discovery Education’s Puzzlemaker Tool.
More from Magoosh
About Kevin Rocci
Kevin helps Magoosh students by making sure none of their questions go unanswered. A UC Santa Cruz graduate with a BA in Politics and a minor in Film, he loves education, bluegrass, the Sierras, and the Pacific. The vastness of the universe does not deter him from hoping to meet an intelligent life form from another planet one day.
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!