With so many SAT Prep Books on the market these days, it can be time-consuming (and very expensive) finding one or two that you like. Now that the College Board is revamping the SAT, many of the SAT prep book offerings that are known and loved are about to be come completely outdated. The redesigned SAT is different enough from the old SAT that much of the content in the old books no longer applies to the new test.
With this in mind, our SAT Expert, Chris Lele, is reviewing the most popular New SAT study materials and writing up reviews of their strengths and weaknesses.
We know that all SAT books are different, and what works for one student might not be the best for another. So, check out these expert reviews of the most recent SAT resources, and discover what works for you!
Redesigned SAT Book Reviews
Many of the traditional SAT textbooks are still in the process of being re-written for the New SAT exam. We’ll be reviewing them as they are published, to give you a better idea of the types of resources that are out there to help you prep. Check out our redesigned SAT book reviews:
Old SAT Book Reviews
If you’re studying for any SAT exam after January 23, 2016, then these book reviews aren’t for you. However, we’re keeping them here for comparison’s sake. If you really like reading book reviews, then enjoy!
- The Official SAT Guide, 1st Edition (by the College Board)
- The Official SAT Guide, 2nd Edition (by The College Board)
- Cracking the SAT 2012 (by The Princeton Review)
- 11 Practice Tests for the SAT (by The Princeton Review)
- Kaplan SAT 2014 Strategies, Practice, and Review
- McGraw-Hill’s SAT 2014 Edition
- Barron’s SAT
- Barron’s Grammar Workbook
- PWN the SAT: Math Guide
- Insider’s Complete Guide to SAT Vocabulary: The Essential 500 Words
Magoosh SAT eBooks
Also check out Magoosh’s SAT eBooks, written by our SAT Experts. They’re free and full of strategies, practice questions, and useful resources.
- Magoosh’s Complete Guide to the SAT eBook
- This eBook applies primarily to the old SAT. Stay tuned for our Complete Guide to the New SAT eBook, coming soon!
- Magoosh’s SAT Math Formula eBook
- High Schooler’s Guide to the Future eBook
Don’t forget to talk to us if you think we missed any books, or if you would like us to review any other SAT materials! You can let us know in the comments section below.