I’m so excited to write for the Magoosh blog and share with you! For several years, I’ve taught test strategy and advanced high school English. Not surprisingly, I love to read and solve puzzles. I cannot believe I’m admitting this publicly, but I actually find standardized tests sort of fun.
My goal is to instill confidence in you. In my experience as a teacher and (of course) student, I’ve seen people of all ages and school stages frazzled by standardized tests. They feel anxious and frustrated that a timed set of exercises is designed in a certain way and used as a measure of their ability. Via this blog, I’ll help you build core skills, strategies, time management, and a fundamental understanding of how tests work. Hopefully, you’ll carry this not only into the SAT, but also into any other standardized test you encounter.
When I’m not reading, I’m probably:
- Eating my way through all the bakeries in San Francisco (I’ll probably be finished soon).
- In the park with my dogs, Benji and Wall-E. A life-long animal lover, I also volunteer with rescue dogs at the SPCA.
- Dousing my food with Sriracha, or some other hot sauce (but mostly Sriracha). It makes everything taste better and I’m never eating ketchup again.
- Exploring parks—local parks, state parks, national parks. Life is best enjoyed outdoors. Perhaps I’m a little spoiled by life in California.
- Dabbling in Spotify, Netflix, or NPR (sometimes all at once).
Please feel free to reach out with questions and post suggestions J I look forward to hearing from you!