In 2014, we hired 3 high school bloggers to write posts about their SAT and college application journeys.
They may be young, but they sure know their stuff! Here are our 10 favorite posts from the past year. Consider this your starting point if you’ve never read any of their posts, and the greatest hits list if you’re already a fan!
1. How to Stop Procrastination, by Nadira
We’ve all been there. Here’s how to stop procrastination, and start getting things done!
2. Maximizing Mental Performance Through Your Diet, by Maddi
Here’s what you should eat, and why.
3. How Your Personality Type Can Help You Win at Studying, by Maddi
Ever heard of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator? If not, I highly encourage you to read this post (I am a bit…ahem…obsessed with Myers Briggs, but for good reason. It’s really helpful!)
4. SAT Test Day Walkthrough, by Cassidy
Knowing what to expect will greatly reduce your stress, trust us!
High School Life
5. Important Reminders for Seniors Stressing About College, by Nadira
If you’re feeling stressed about juggling your workload at school, the SATs, college apps, extracurriculars, and more, this post will help.
6. 20 Ways to Destroy Stress for the Stress-Destroyed, by Maddi
Learning to deal with stress is a very important skill to develop while you’re in high school — you’ll be one step ahead of the game for your first round of college midterms!
7. Secret Extracurriculars: I Can Put THAT on My College Applications?!, by Nadira
Worried you won’t have enough extracurics to put on your college resumes? Fear not! Don’t forget to add these activities.
8. College Admissions and Social Media: Myth vs. Reality, by Maddi
To delete your Facebook, or not to delete your Facebook? That is the question. Lucky for you, Maddi has the answer!
9. Top College Research Engines, by Cassidy
Learn how to find your perfect college, all from the comfort of your own couch.
10. The Massive Financial Aid Secret You Need to Know, by Cassidy
Don’t miss out on going to your dream school because of financial concerns.
Improve your SAT or ACT score, guaranteed. Start your 1 Week Free Trial of Magoosh SAT Prep or your 1 Week Free Trial of Magoosh ACT Prep today!
More from Magoosh
About Rachel Wisuri
Rachel helps eager students find out about Magoosh. She graduated from UC Berkeley with a super helpful double major in History and French. In her free time she can be found eating peanut butter, drinking five cups of tea per day, and playing with cats.
Leave a Reply
Magoosh blog comment policy: To create the best experience for our readers, we will approve and respond to comments that are relevant to the article, general enough to be helpful to other students, concise, and well-written! :) If your comment was not approved, it likely did not adhere to these guidelines. If you are a Premium Magoosh student and would like more personalized service, you can use the Help tab on the Magoosh dashboard. Thanks!