The New GRE is still an infant. At only seven months, the new GRE is still an unknown to many. People wonder whether both sections have changed, whether antonyms are still lingering about, and whether there really are questions in which there is more than one correct answer. Below I will answer these questions (and [...]
This is a great question, whether you’ve taken the old GRE or are just embarking on your GRE journey. The short answer is that the new GRE is still adaptive, but in a very different way. The Adaptive Nature of the Revised GRE On the old GRE, the test adapted within each section. The [...]
Back in August, amidst all the fanfare of the inauguration of the Revised GRE, I totally overlooked one of the new question types in my blog posts: Highlight the Sentence. Perhaps such an omission shouldn’t be surprising. For one there was the triple-blank sentence completion, which in all its glorious novelty (at least from a [...]
Whether you’ve been prepping for a month or have yet to peel open those glossy prep books, you should know the following basics for the GRE. So if you’ve been focusing on probability problems or a 5,000-word list, make sure you first have a solid grasp of the basics. Math Basics Integers, ratios, fractions, [...]
We’ve recently received a number of emails asking about how to interpret scores received on the New GRE. The New GRE point scale is confusing, to say the least. You’ll receive a score from 130 to 170 for each section math and verbal rather than a score based on the previous scale of 200 – [...]
The inevitable is looming and you can’t put it off much longer. But now the pressing question becomes, how to study for the new GRE? How you answer this question – and by extension how you put your answer into practice – can be as important as the prep materials you use. Below are five [...]
2011 was a momentous year for the GRE. At the start of the year it was a dinosaur amongst tests, a rehash of the old SAT, which was built on a military test. Now, we have the new GRE, an up-to-date assessment of the skills students need to be successful in grad school. So what [...]
Tip #1: Learn in Context Most of us have learned vocabulary by reading a list or, perhaps a little more efficiently, by using flashcards. For the Revised GRE, you will want to learn vocabulary through reading. While that may strike you as terribly inefficient, remember the revised GRE is testing your understanding of vocabulary in [...]
Here at Magoosh, our students regularly ask us what a good score on the new GRE is. The short answer is that a “good” score is different for everyone. But in this post I’ll give you a longer, more comprehensive answer. Determining what a good score is for you will take some time and research. [...]
Official score reports for the New GRE won’t be released until November 2011. And we’ll be on top of it when they are. In the meantime, test takers do get an estimated score range based upon the old point scale. No matter what the point scale may be, it’s your percentile ranking that matters the [...]
Magoosh GRE Newsletter
Study Plans and Schedules
- 1 Week Study Schedule
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Daily)
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 60-90 Day Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Beginners (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Math Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Verbal Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Advanced Students (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: for Math Beginners (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: Advanced Math (Daily)
- What is a Good Score on the Revised GRE? January 3, 2012
- New GRE Book Reviews August 22, 2011
- Manhattan GRE Book Review January 10, 2012
- Kaplan New GRE Premier 2011-2012 Book Review August 26, 2011
- The New GRE Point Scale May 27, 2011
- Student Post: Verbal Tips for Non-Native Speakers May 17, 2013
- NYU GRE Scores May 16, 2013
- GRE Vocab Wednesday: More Vocabulary from the Official Guide May 15, 2013
- Track All Your Notes in One Place May 15, 2013
- GRE Paragraph Argument Workshop – Part I May 14, 2013
- Margarette: Hi, Swapna The 1-month plan is exactly like the 6...
- Michelle: sorry i meant to say the same 6 test. I am also ...
- Mike: Michelle, I believe you do get a different code w...
- Mike: Dear Nahid, Thank you very much for your kind wor...
- Michelle: Thank you so much. With the MGRE books-if you get ...