With the advent of the calculator on the GRE, some would say the days of knowing how to do mental math are obsolete. While you could rely on the calculator for the entire test, doing so may actually slow you down. Indeed a facility mental math will save you a lot of time, and may [...]
Here’s the whole series of QC tips: Tip #1: Dealing with Variables Tip #2: Striving for Equality Tip #3: Logic over Algebra Tip #4: Comparing in Parts Tip #5: Estimation with a Twist In my last post, we solved the following question: A. The quantity in Column A is greater B. The quantity [...]
To set up today’s Quantitative Comparison (QC) strategy, please solve the following question: A. The quantity in Column A is greater B. The quantity in Column B is greater C. The two quantities are equal D. The relationship cannot be determined from the information given There are several different ways to solve this question. [...]
Many of us, when we first see a math question, hone in on it with laser-like focus. We make sure we read all the relevant parts, and then work out a solution to the problem. Only then do we look at the answers. There is nothing inherently wrong with approaching a math problem this way; [...]
Some GRE problems invite Estimation. In fact, if you find yourself immersed in irksome computations, you may want to consider estimating the answer, especially when the answer choices are numerically well spaced. Example #1: Which of the following is nearest to (A) 20 (B) 15 (C) 10 (D) 5 (E) 1 (E) is the correct [...]
Magoosh GRE Newsletter
Study Plans and Schedules
- 1 Week Study Schedule
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Daily)
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 60-90 Day Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Beginners (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Math Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Verbal Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Advanced Students (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: for Math Beginners (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: Advanced Math (Daily)
- What is a Good Score on the Revised GRE? January 3, 2012
- New GRE Book Reviews August 22, 2011
- Manhattan GRE Book Review January 10, 2012
- Kaplan New GRE Premier 2011-2012 Book Review August 26, 2011
- The New GRE Point Scale May 27, 2011
- Student Post: Verbal Tips for Non-Native Speakers May 17, 2013
- NYU GRE Scores May 16, 2013
- GRE Vocab Wednesday: More Vocabulary from the Official Guide May 15, 2013
- Track All Your Notes in One Place May 15, 2013
- GRE Paragraph Argument Workshop – Part I May 14, 2013
- Margarette: Hi, Swapna The 1-month plan is exactly like the 6...
- Michelle: sorry i meant to say the same 6 test. I am also ...
- Mike: Michelle, I believe you do get a different code w...
- Mike: Dear Nahid, Thank you very much for your kind wor...
- Michelle: Thank you so much. With the MGRE books-if you get ...