If you’ve been studying GRE for some time, you’ve very likely encountered the following: . You may, however, only seen the following equation in the context of algebra. Nevertheless, the formula above applies to number properties. Let’s take a look. While you may be tempted to make a mad dash at it, calculating each of [...]
Each of the math questions below is directly inspired by a question in the on-line Revised GRE test. I’ve provided an easier version of the question (#1) and a more difficult version of the question (#2). My recommendation is to try the easier version first. Then, if you answer it correctly, click on the link, [...]
Prime numbers 2 is the smallest prime number 2 is the only prime even number 1 is not a prime 3, 5, 7 are the only odd consecutive sequence of three integers Digits In the integer 5,432, 5 is the thousands digit, 4 is the hundreds digit, 3 is the tens digit, and 2 [...]
This week’s practice question is a regular multiple choice problem, so there’s only one right answer– good luck! We’ll be posting the answer tomorrow. Which of the following equations is true for all positive values of x and y? Update: Here’s the answer/explanation post!
Exponents are troublesome; fortunately, they do not need to be. What I plan to do in this series is show you the basics, so that you can move confidently through the intermediate level, and even the advanced level. I’ve created three lessons, corresponding to basic, medium, and advanced. Once you have a sense of how the [...]
Here are the answer and explanation to yesterday’s practice question. Thanks for submitting your answers! Video Explanation:
This week’s practice question is Numeric Entry, so no answer choices are given! You’ll have to type the number in to submit your answer. Good luck, we’ll be posting the answer and explanation tomorrow! If , what is the value of n? Update: Here’s the answer/explanation post!
One thing is certain on test day – you will see exponents. Another thing is also certain – those exponent problems will be meant to trick you. So, know your exponent properties, but also be aware that knowing the fundamentals alone won’t guarantee success. Tread carefully, and check your work. You should be able to answer most [...]
The Dreaded Exponent Exponents have long been the bane of many students. And that should come as no surprise—after all, there are negative exponents, fractions as exponents, and the terrible sounding exponents of exponents. Feeling comfortable with exponents in all their various (and nefarious) guises will definitely help you test day. But, for right now, [...]
(A) (B) (C) + (D) – 2 (E) – 2 In this problem many students are tempted to simply add the exponents together and choose answer choice (B). , however, is not the answer. Were we multiplying the 2 together then we would add the exponents. The general rule is: if the bases are the [...]
Magoosh GRE Newsletter
Study Plans and Schedules
- 1 Week Study Schedule
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Daily)
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 60-90 Day Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Beginners (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Math Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Verbal Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Advanced Students (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: for Math Beginners (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: Advanced Math (Daily)
- What is a Good Score on the Revised GRE? January 3, 2012
- New GRE Book Reviews August 22, 2011
- Manhattan GRE Book Review January 10, 2012
- Kaplan New GRE Premier 2011-2012 Book Review August 26, 2011
- 90 Day GRE Study Plan for Beginners March 5, 2012
- GRE Vocabulary Flashcards June 18, 2013
- Ten General Guidelines for the GRE AWA – Part I June 18, 2013
- TOEFL Writing Topics June 17, 2013
- Student Post: Allow Enough Time for GRE Prep June 14, 2013
- Princeton GRE Scores June 13, 2013
- Chris Lele: Hi Krishnendu, The feedback from students is th...
- Chris Lele: Hi David, That is a great question! I think the...
- Chris Lele: Hi Cait, Yes, no matter what, guess. There is a...
- Chris Lele: Hi Sarika! Sorry your prior comments seem to ha...
- Chris Lele: Hi Dara, Good job on that score! Sure, for HBS ...