This one is a real toughie. It is probably more difficult than any quantitative comparison question you’ll see test day. See if you can crack it under 3 minutes. A cube of cheese is 3-inches high. The cheese is sliced twice. Column A Column B Resulting surface area of all the slices of cheese 90 [...]
Try the question below. It is not as tough as some of the challenge questions on this blog. That said, see if you can solve in less than 1 minute. Good luck! Chelsea has a bookshelf consisting of ten classics: four Russian novels, three British novels, two French novels, and a German novel. If she [...]
Triangle ABC is symmetric about the y-axis. Point A is located at (-4,0), and AB is the longest side of ABC. If the perimeter of ABC is 18, what is the area? 3√2 6 6√2 12 24 Step #1 With coordinate geometry questions in which there is no coordinate plane, always make sure to draw [...]
Once in a while it is fun to take a concept in an official GRE question and run with it. The question below is inspired by a question from the 2nd edition Official Guide. That is not to say it is that similar; I have only extracted a couple of concepts from that problem. I’ve [...]
EXCEPT questions can be very time consuming. The key is not to get too hung up on one answer choice. Instead, eliminate the ones that are obviously wrong. On the ones in which you are unsure on, come back to them later. Sometimes, there will only be a couple of answer choices left. Then you [...]
This is a Sentence Equivalence question, so select exactly two words that best complete the sentence and produce sentences that are alike in meaning. Good luck, we’ll be posting the answer and explanation tomorrow! Tentative, fearful even, his first forays into the theatrical arts were hardly __________. unheralded auspicious commendable unpropitious satisfactory favorable Update: Answer/Explanation post!
Here’s this week’s practice question– good luck, we’ll be posting the answer tomorrow! How many integers between and are such that the sum of their digits is ? 190 210 211 230 231 Update: Answer/explanation post!
Here’s the answer to yesterday’s practice question, thanks for sending in your answers! Special kudos to madhan_2005 for writing up a great explanation in the comments as well Directions: select exactly two words that best complete the sentence and produce sentences that are alike in meaning. Exposure to sustained noise almost certainly impairs blood pressure regulation in human beings, [...]
This week’s question is Sentence Equivalence, so select exactly two words that best complete the sentence and produce sentences that are alike in meaning. Good luck, we’ll be posting the answer tomorrow! Exposure to sustained noise almost certainly impairs blood pressure regulation in human beings, but to the frustration of many patients, some researchers have obtained results that [...]
Here’s the answer to yesterday’s practice question! Thanks for commenting with your answers! Video Explanation
Magoosh GRE Newsletter
Study Plans and Schedules
- 1 Week Study Schedule
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Daily)
- 1 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 60-90 Day Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Beginners (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Math Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule: Verbal Focused (Daily)
- 90 Day GRE Study Schedule for Advanced Students (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule (Weekly)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: for Math Beginners (Daily)
- 6 Month Study Schedule: Advanced Math (Daily)
- What is a Good Score on the Revised GRE? January 3, 2012
- New GRE Book Reviews August 22, 2011
- Manhattan GRE Book Review January 10, 2012
- Kaplan New GRE Premier 2011-2012 Book Review August 26, 2011
- 90 Day GRE Study Plan for Beginners March 5, 2012
- GRE Vocabulary Flashcards June 18, 2013
- Ten General Guidelines for the GRE AWA – Part I June 18, 2013
- TOEFL Writing Topics June 17, 2013
- Student Post: Allow Enough Time for GRE Prep June 14, 2013
- Princeton GRE Scores June 13, 2013
- Mike: William, I'm glad you found it helpful. Best of...
- William: Thanks Mike for that Edison story, it is a very mo...
- Chris Lele: Hi David, No problem - I'm glad to help :)! ...
- Chris Lele: Hi Niraj, If I understand you correctly, you ar...
- Chris Lele: Hi Maryam, That's a good number of words! ...