Graduate School Admissions:
- What’s It Worth?: The Economic Value of College Major
from Georgetown University
– This is an eye-opening report about the economic outcomes for different undergraduate and graduate majors. It also shows the differences in median income for different genders and racial backgrounds. This is a PDF of select findings so it is a quick read and is mostly graphs and charts.
- MS in US
from Applying to US Universities
– This articles explores whether it still makes financial sense to go to grad school in the United States in the midst of the US economic recession.
- English Undergrad w/ Questions!
from LJ Applying to Grad
– In this forum thread a worried English undergraduate receives advice about applying to grad school while writing a thesis, taking a gap year, letters of rec, research interests and more.